Caramelized Onions Recipe
Caramelized onions, often associated with hamburgers, are much more than that. They not only goes very well with hamburgers but also with all kinds of meatballs, fried chicken and even fish. It is not a meal that takes many hours to be prepared as believed. As the amount of onions increases, it will certainly take longer, but the preparation of the caramelized onion with 3 onions will take about 30, at most 40 minutes. You can also prepare your main course during this time as it does not require you to stir it continuously.
What you need to do is not to use high heat not to overcook it. Of course, it is not the only thing that makes something overcooked (or burned). Using a thin-bottomed heat-conducting pan or cooker can also cause unwanted over-cooking in the kitchen. Therefore, not only for this recipe, but also for general use, prefer thick-bottomed pots and pans.
You do not have to use balsamic vinegar in the recipe, but if you have it, use it as it gives a very pleasant aroma.
Enjoy the recipe ...
- 3 onions,
- 4-5 tablespoons of olive oil,
- 1 teaspoon of sugar,
- 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar,
- Chop the onions in half moon shaped,
- Heat the oil in a large pan and add the onions,
- Stir over low-medium heat and cook until they turn out yellow and soft,
- Add sugar and vinegar and stir,
- Increase the heat a little bit and stir continuously and cook for 5 min. more,
- Add the salt according to your taste, stir and remove from heat.