Bulgur wheat has a really high nutritonal value and is a good protein source. So it needs to be a staple of every household in my opinion. There are multiple ways of incorporating bulgur into our diet but my favorite way is to combine it with greens and veggies and turn it into a fresh and healthy salad. This is probably the easiest way of preparing a filling, nutritious and delicious dish. There is no cholesterol in bulgur. It also assists the absorption of nutrients into the bloodstream and protects our digestive system. Enough chatting, here is the recipe.
- 2 cups thin bulgur wheat,
- 1/2 cup boiled corn,
- 1 cup minced parsley,
- 5 cornichon pickles,
- 3 roasted red peppers,
- 1 cup pomegranate,
- 1 handful raisins,
- 1 handful ground walnuts,
- 1 tablespoon olive oil,
- 2 cups water,
- Place the bulgur, water, oil and salt in a large bowl and cook over low heat until all the water is absorbed,
- Chop the cornichons into small cubes,
- Chop the roasted res peppers,
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked bulgur, corn, cornichons, roasted peppers, parsley, pomegranate, raisins and walnuts.