- 500 g long beans,
- 1 onion, chopped,
- 2 tomatoes, peeled and diced,
- 2 tsps salt,
- 2 tsps sugar,
- 1/2 cup hot water,
- 1/4 cup olive oil,
- Juice of 1/2 lemon.
- Remove the woody stems of the green beans and cut into halves,
- In a skillet heat olive oil and add onions and tomatoes on top,
- Add long beans,
- Cover the lid and cook for 10 min.,
- In a bowl mix water, sugar, salt and lemon juice,
- Add the mixture to the beans,
- Cover the lid and cook until the beans are tender,
- Serve cold.