One of my favorite recipes here. I love the gorgeous look more than the taste I think. I don’t need to eat them, it is enough to look at them for me.
Please don’t let the look fool you. It is a bit time killing but easy to prepare. Thus, don’t hesitate to try.
- 2 eggs,
- 3/4 cup sugar,
- 1 cup milk,
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil,
- 2 cups all purpose flour,
- 5 grams baking powder,
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon,
- 3 big apples.
- Wash and wipe apples,
- Cut in half vertically,
- Remove core and cut into thin (semi-circle) slices,
- In a skillet boil the slices until tender,
- Drain and wash with cold water,
- For muffins whisk eggs and sugar until creamy,
- Add milk and vegetable oil and keep whisking,
- Add flour, cinnamon and baking powder and whisk,
- Place paper muffin cups inside your muffin tray,
- Scoop batter into cups,
- Take one apple slice and roll,
- Take a second one and roll around the first one,
- Keep rolling slices around just until having a lovely rose,
- Place the rose on the batter inside the cups,
- Do the same for all muffin cups,
- Bake at a 170 C degrees preheated oven until the edges golden.