- 250 g butter, at room temperature,
- 1/2 cup heavy cream,
- 1 egg,
- 2 egg yolks,
- 10 g instant yeast,
- 3-3,5 cups flour,
- 1 tbsp sugar,
- 2 tsps salt.
- 1 egg yolk.
- Heat the cream and remove from heat before it starts to boil,
- Add the yeast into it and stir,
- In a seperate deep bowl combine together the butter, cream with yeast, sugar, egg and egg yolks,
- Add flour one handful in each time and start to knead,
- Add salt together with the flour,
- Add flour and knead until you reach an elastic dough,
- Make a ball and cover with a plastic wrap,
- Set aside for 30-45 mins, until the dough dobles,
- Knead the dough again and make mandarine sized small balls,
- Arrange the balls into a baking pan,
- Set aside for 30 mins. more,
- Brush with egg yolk, make scratches with the back of a fork,
- Bake in a 180 C degrees pre-heated oven until golden on top.